Skip to main content

books more like hooks...

 




The first ever article, a serious article here, I'd love to dedicate to books.

In our generation more than ever, reading is becoming more and more popular - which I'm actually really grateful for. Personally, I lean towards books more often than people. And even though I'm not fluent in English, I tend to read books in the English version more often than in my mother language, because I think I can somehow relate more to those words. 

Most recently, I read The Seven Husbands Of Evelyn Hugo. This book opened my eyes a lot. It described what's going on behind the closed doors in the film industry and I really enjoyed reading this book. It shows you, how rotten the industry is, every industry, not just the film one. I felt a lot for the main character, Evelyn. She's not a real person, but if she was, it would make her an incredibly strong and minded person I would be absolutely stunned by. Not even her career but even her personal life - she went against the stereotype of society and I love that about her.



Other books I read recently are My Policeman and Norwegian Wood. Speaking of My Policeman, it still claims the badge of the first book that made me emotionally unwell and cry a bit. It has an incredible impact on my view of society these days - despite the fact it tells a story from the 1950s. It was also the first book I read in connection to the LGBTQA+ community and I highly recommend the book to anyone interested in learning more about the theme. 



Norwegian Wood on the other hand made me question my life as a whole. Its story is set in the late 1960s which is again quite a time ago. But it made me feel like I should live my life to the fullest and enjoy every little moment. It showed me every body type deserves to be loved and that true love takes time to find but it's worth it.


I've never read those types of books before but I found a need to somehow during the last school year. I'm mostly into thrillers and horror genres, but recently I made my way through to books with romance and LGBTQA+ themes.

Right now, I'm reading If This Gets Out by Sophie Gonzales, two chapters in and so far I love it. Gonna keep you updated via socials.

 My point might need to be clarified. I just wanna say that books are more of a therapy for free. Throughout history, we see and read and learn how books were burnt and banned. I guess that's sometimes what can happen any minute now, most people find it boring and a waste of time. But through socials, it's becoming more and more popular, more specifically in connection to ways of healing and self-care. But it's everyone's choice to make. Do I want to build myself or do I want to go and repeat what others are saying? Do I want to educate myself or do I want history to repeat?



Comments